Local News

Man sustains injuries at New Milford workplace

A man sustained injuries in a New Milford workplace Tuesday morning.  Police say the man suffered second-degree burns on his legs, lower chest and hands after his clothing caught fire outside of Neeltran Inc on Pickett District Road.  The employee was cleaning copper leads as part of making transformers.  The Fire Marshal says alcohol and water is used to clean the special coating on the copper end of the transformer, but it has to be heated very hot.  The man was transported to the Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital for treatment.


Now Playing

Rock Facebook

 

Weather

BID 2 BUY

Artist Profile

Concert Calendar

Community Calendar