Local News

Lions Club dedicates Rowan Street Playground

The Danbury Lions Club has dedicated a playground in the City.  The Lions Club Rowan Street Playground was rededicated last month to the many members of the club whose perseverance, spirit and foresight initiated the playground projects.  This coincided with the 100th Anniversary of Lions Clubs International. 

Lions Club charities donated some trees and a sign.  

During the event there was food and entertainment, along with some speeches, including from Pastor Lewis of Mount Pleasant AME Zion Church on Rowan Street. 

The original Lions Playground located on Osborne Street was constructed as a community project in 1928.  It was operated by the Lions Club of Danbury until 1951 when the City assumed responsibility for it.  Danbury Hospital purchased the land and relocated the playground to Ellsworth Avenue in 2000 where it remained until 2005 when it was moved to its’ current location on Rowan Street.


Now Playing

Rock Facebook

 

Weather

BID 2 BUY

Artist Profile

Concert Calendar

Community Calendar